Thursday, January 19, 2012

Awkward And Awesome Thursday!




AWKWARD:
1. Realizing that the bookstore closed in ten minutes so I sprint to return my book on the last day, but was in my gym clothes. So I don't know what I got more dirty looks from, the fact that there was snow on the ground and I was in shorts, or because the sun was at that perfect angle where you could see just how hairy my legs were. It's winter people, calm down.
2. When you are talking to someone at Special Olympics and he just has a hard time focusing to your face and not to your chest. My eyes are up here buddy.
3. So I have this habit of putting my necklace in my mouth subconsciously. Not the whole thing, just a little piece. Well, finally someone says, "does your necklace taste good or what? I looked over at you ten minutes ago and you still have that necklace in your mouth." Um, yes, yes it does thank you very much.
4. When a boy, trying to be all impressive, says, "did you know that it is impossible to crack an egg by squeezing it with one hand?" Well guess what? He proved the impossible all over my clothes. And I was not impressed.
5. When the bus is super packed and you are lucky enough to have a seat when mr. beer belly over here stands right in front of you and decides to lean out the window. So his stomach is in your face. mmmmm.

AWESOME:
1. Those kind-hearted boys who give up their seats for you on the bus. I'm sure the boy couldn't tell I was a girl (it was one of those days) but nonetheless, still thoughtful.
2. The fact that it was supposed to snow a foot last night and to wake up to not only having it rain, but the previous snow is completely gone. Spring! Spring! Spring!
3. Winning third place in our buildings door decorating contest. Which isn't saying much, but there was some stiff competition, and free ice cream is free ice cream.
4. Waking up thinking that it's 7:45 and you have to wake up, and looking at the clock and seeing that it is only 5:00. Praise the sleep gods.
5. How quickly this week has gone by, thank you Martin Luther King Jr., you have done so much for my life, including making my weekends happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment