Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love can Shove it.




Okay call me bitter because no I am not dating someone and yes I am fully aware that it is Valentine's day, but really? I'm sorry but I am not a huge fan of having one day in particular where you are supposed to show your love by doing corny "romantic" things such as giving chocolates and teddy bears to prove your "affection". I believe that we should do these things everyday because we want to, not because we feel like we HAVE to. The cards, the flowers, the candy is all irrelevant to actually caring about someone. You want to show someone you love them? How about on a non-significant day you stay home all day with your significant other, make a fort, watch a chick flick because she wants too, and just be. No candles, no bubble baths, just two people stopping their lives to just take a moment and soak it in. But, for the rest of us that have nothing going on, were just going to go buy ourselves chocolate and eat away our feelings at the fact that we have no one except our cats. Until next year, stupid cupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment